Hi there and welcome to the first every bare necessities post! The bare necessities is all about what I’m loving lately, products, people, activities… pretty much anything that is currently getting me through life. Right now, I’m loving podcasts, smoothies, John Mayer, Lush’s Big shampoo, and Bare Minerals.
- Podcasts| For those of you who are unfamiliar, podcasts are digital audio files that usually come as a series or in episodes, that are available to listen to online. If you haven’t ever listened to a podcast, you are totally missing out. I have just recently been exposed to podcasts and am loving this new (to me) way of engaging with others. Instead of listening to music while doing cardio, I now listen to my favorite podcasts, such as the Balanced Blonde: Soul on Fire or Actually Adultish. These two podcasts are extremely relevant to my life and are so engaging. They make the dread of cardio turn into a time of enjoyment and self-care for myself.
- Smoothies| Smoothies are an amazing way to change up your diet and to get the necessary nutrients you need throughout the day (depending on what you put in them). They are super quick and easy to make, nutrient-dense, and completely customizable. Personally, I try to drink a smoothie atleast once a day. My smoothies always consist of protein, healthy fats, fruits and veggies! My favorite ingredients include vanilla protein powder, bananas, Vital Proteins collagen, strawberries, almond milk, coconut oil, spinach and mangoes. They are perfect for breakfast, for a post-workout snack and give me the energy to power through my day!
- John Mayer| I cannot get enough of John Mayer’s new album, the Search for Everything. Maybe it’s because I just saw him live in concert, I don’t know, but he’s all that I’m listening to right now. 10/10 would recommend.
- Big Shampoo| I’m sure many of you are familiar with the company Lush. Lush is a company that creates effective products from safe and organic ingredients that advocates against animal testing. I use and love many of their products including face wash, moisturizer, and shampoo. One of my favorite products of all time is their Big shampoo. This shampoo has given amazing volume, beautiful shine, and much needed strength to my hair. Plus it’s vegan! This shampoo is such a game changer and I don’t think I could ever go back to using any other product.
- bare Minerals| I have just recently switched from using the popular makeup brands such as Urban Decay, Anastasia, and MAC to using just Bare Minerals. I am not one to wear a lot of makeup on a regular basis and prefer a more natural look. I switched because I was sick and tired of the heavy, cakey feeling on my face that I would get every time I wore makeup. I love Bare Minerals because they create skin-loving makeup that is good for my skin and doesn’t give my face that heavy makeup feeling. Their makeup is also super affordable, which is great for my college student budget! My favorite Bare Mineral products include the complexion rescue: tinted hydrated gel cream, blemish remedy: mattifying prep gel, bare pro powder foundation, and the invisible bronze bronzer.
What are your bare necessities? I would love to know, please comment below!
Disclaimer: I have not been sponsored by any of these brands or companies. I am sharing solely because I love these products and brands and hope you will too.