These are my favorite bite sized snack for on the go! Recipe is below 🙂
These energy bites are super quick and easy to make. They are the perfect sweet treat to curve cravings or for on the go and can be kept refrigerated for up to one week. Hope you guys enjoy! this recipe makes approximately 12 balls.
- 7 Medjool Dates (pitted)
- 2 generous tablespoons of vanilla almond butter (I use Justin’s)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- A dash of ground cinnamon
- 1 cup of old fashioned oats
- Add the dates, vanilla almond butter, vanilla extract, and cinnamon (everything except the oats) into a blender and blend until smooth or pasty (until dates are no longer whole). Put the old fashioned oats into a separate medium sized bowl.
- Add the almond butter mixture into the bowl with the oats and stir all the ingredients together until thoroughly mixed.
- Roll mixture into balls of whatever size you prefer (I make mine approximately 1″ in diameter)
- Refrigerate for about a half an hour.