Happy Saturday everyone! So recently I’ve been completely obsessed with coconut. Literally coconut everything from coconut milk to coconut flakes to coconut oil, to even coconut candles… I have to have it. Last night I was feeling creative in the kitchen and came up with this coconut chicken recipe! This chicken is SO yummy. It tastes so good with steamed broccoli or any type of veggies. Let me know what you think!
Time: 40 minutes
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 cup of unsweetened coconut flakes (the brand I use is pictured below)
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of ghee
- If chicken is frozen, refrigerate or leave out until completely thawed.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat coconut oil in microwave for 30 seconds then coat a medium sized pan with the coconut oil.
- Blend coconut shavings in a blender (I use a nutribullet) for 30 seconds or until fine.
- Heat ghee in the microwave for 30 seconds or until liquid.
- Lightly coat chicken with ghee.
- Rub coconut on chicken until chicken is completely coated. Put chicken on the medium sized pan.
- Bake chicken in the oven for about 30 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove chicken from pan.