Happy Tuesday babes!! So today I was craving a super creamy smoothie, but didn’t have many ingredients around the house. This smoothie is literally a bunch of random ingredients that I had that ended up tasting AMAZING. I do this quite often and trust me, most of my random smoothies don’t turn out, but this one is bomb. It is super creamy and nutrient dense, with a hint of sweetness. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did 🙂
Time: 5 minutes
- 1/2 an avocado
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 cup of spinach
- 1 cup of strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
- 1 cup of almond milk
- Unsweetened coconut shavings (optional: for garnish)
- Add all of the ingredients together (except garnish) into a blender. Pro Tip: roll the lime around on a hard surface with your palm before cutting and squeezing. This makes it easier to squeeze the lime, as they can be difficult to juice.
- Blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Garnish or add toppings.
These are my favorite bite sized snack for on the go! Recipe is below 🙂
Vanilla Almond Energy Bites
These energy bites are super quick and easy to make. They are the perfect sweet treat to curve cravings or for on the go and can be kept refrigerated for up to one week. Hope you guys enjoy! this recipe makes approximately 12 balls.
- 7 Medjool Dates (pitted)
- 2 generous tablespoons of vanilla almond butter (I use Justin’s)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- A dash of ground cinnamon
- 1 cup of old fashioned oats
- Add the dates, vanilla almond butter, vanilla extract, and cinnamon (everything except the oats) into a blender and blend until smooth or pasty (until dates are no longer whole). Put the old fashioned oats into a separate medium sized bowl.
- Add the almond butter mixture into the bowl with the oats and stir all the ingredients together until thoroughly mixed.
- Roll mixture into balls of whatever size you prefer (I make mine approximately 1″ in diameter)
- Refrigerate for about a half an hour.